Several children became ill when they ingested a powdery substance Thursday at Thomson Elementary School, located in the 1200 block of L Street.
Apparently, one student took a powdery substance to school and passed it out to other students. The children who ingested it complained of throat irritation, NBC Washington's Derrick Ward reported.
Five were taken to area hospitals by ambulance for observation. Parents took a sixth student from the school.
The Washington Post once recommended as the perfect public school for President Obama's daughters.
The last president to send a child to a D.C. public school was Jimmy Carter.
What a fantastic place DC must be.