Glue board traps are trays coated with an extremely sticky adhesive.[...]
When Abby, a 4-pound Chihuahua/Yorkie mix, found herself stuck to one of those traps, Emergency Animal Medical Technicians (EAMTs) from the Arizona Humane Society were summoned to the scene.
When the EAMTs arrived, Abby had already succumbed to exhaustion and was collapsed face down in the glue and was struggling to breathe, with glue lodged in her nasal passage and eyes. Had she not been rescued in time, she could've suffocated and died.
Knowing that simply peeling the trap off of the small dog's face would cause severe pain and could even rip out her fur and/or skin in the process, Gallo tried a more humane and creative approach.
He lathered the little dog’s face with peanut butter and the peanut oil loosened the glue's grip. Gallo was then able to carefully and painlessly remove the glue from Abby’s small body.
Now, after a few days of recovering (and the loss of a little fur), she is happy and healthy and ready for adoption.
Shelter workers say she's extremely affectionate, loves to be held and has a great personality that would blend into any household.
Read more: kptv.com
A very happy ending.