(1 hour ago)anonymous knitter Wrote: here is a lovely video for you, grav
it has everything, laser, level water, a telescope and even a helicopter
This again? with the helicopter? It's been debunked. Not watching again. The hipster and cool chicks cheated. An expensive scam by a famous gatekeeper group.
I'd like to see this team go to Chicago and check out visibility at 50 miles. Bur they would find some way to fake what FEers call bendy water. Seriously, to think that water curves around a spinning ball. Over one mile, it curves 8 inches. At 2 miles, 8x2^ = 32 inches. At 3 miles, 8x3^ = 72 inches. That's 6 feet of drop.
Do not even think about arguing with the math that governs a globe 8000 miles in diameter. Just . don't .
Not to mention the sphere spins 1000 mph. And orbits the sun at 66,600 mph. And the sun travels .5 million mph. These are all official numbers.
And I'm told I'm the crazy one???
And posters go along with this insanity?
How in Sam Hill can any thinking person accept that gigundous fairy tale?
I am often told to go to Antarctica. Yeah, like a free range flatearther would be allowed to wander around on a snowmobile.
Last but not least, this is as good as it gets as visual proof of the globe.
1. clouds don't move during the 5-hour transit
2. size of the US is wrong -- at 3000 miles wide, it should be 3/8th the diameter of the blue sphere (8000 miles)
3. moon is 2-dimensionally flat and does not rotate clockwise as advertised by Nasa
4. moon travels in a straight line while the EPIC "geostationary" satellite maintained an amazing fixed position
5. earth exhibits a curious pareidolia in the appearance of an angry clown with one eye closed and the other one open and baleful (the dark object off the coast of California)
Overall, a slipshod product, its many glaring peculiarities a test of human discernment.