Quote:A fresh workplace accident led a Spanish man to be admitted into hospital with a completely new disease borne of pigs.
The 53-year-old man, who was employed to collect hazardous laboratory waste, was admitted to Zaragoza's Miguel Servet University Hospital in 2014, suffering from fever, joint discomfort and headaches.
An examination revealed he was suffering from a type of pig brucellosis, caused by a strain of bacteria which exists in only a handful of laboratories around the globe, El Pais reports.
The man is believed to have contracted the illness while collecting waste from the Centre for Research and Agro-Food Technology of Aragon, whose students were studying the strain for a doctoral thesis.
He is thought to have accidently stepped on a contaminated syringe which punctured the sole of his boots. The needle should have been hermetically sealed, but its box somehow opened.
More Here: http://talkradio.co.uk/news/man-infected...7040612336
Alright, maybe not superpowers, but that made an interesting headline.