Finland's 10 most toxic plants:
- Aconite or wolfsbane
- English or European yew
- Digitalis purpurea or foxglove
- Cicuta virosa or cowbane or northern water hemlock
- Hyoscyamus niger or henbane
- Jimsonweed or Devil's snare
- Castor oil plant
- Autumn crocus, meadow saffron or naked lady
Quote:The most dangerous garden plant in Finland is the shrub-like English or European yew, whose needles are poisonous. Although the berries may not be toxic, the seeds are when chewed.
Even more toxic but rarer in Finland are hemlock and Cicuta virosa, which can be found in open fields, as well as Hyoscyamus niger or henbane; jimsonweed or Devil's snare, a plant of the nightshade family; oleander; the castor oil plant, which yields the lethal toxin ricin and Colchicum autumnale, commonly known as autumn crocus, meadow saffron or naked lady.