"Poinsettias will never be recognized as edible plants, but nor are they the toxic nemeses many pet owners make them out to be. The natural latex present in poinsettia sap may cause irritation to a pet’s mouth, but consumption of the leaves won’t cause anything more than a mild tummyache. In fact, a research study at Ohio State University found no evidence that any part of the poinsettia plant is toxic to humans or animals."
I just bought a beautiful 'Jingle Bells' mottled variety. I am liking it.