A Sacred Heart University sorority girl died this weekend, three days after choking during a Greek life pancake-eating competition at the Fairfield, Connecticut school.
Caitlin Nelson, 20, of Clark, New Jersey, passed away Sunday at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City.
Witnesses at the Greek life dinner Thursday night said Nelson had eaten about four or five pancakes when she suddenly fell to the floor and started shaking uncontrollably.
Two nursing students who were there immediately began lifesaving measures and were quickly joined by police officers and paramedics, Kalamaras said.
She was taken to a hospital in Bridgeport in critical but stable condition and transferred on Friday to New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center, where she died on Sunday.
more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ntest.html