Security vision has been released of children being shocked by an electrical current in a Florida swimming pool.
Horrifying video of children being shocked by an electric current in a swimming pool has emerged.
The children were swimming in a pool at a Florida apartment block on Wednesday. Security camera footage shows a young girl appear to get shocked when she reaches out and touches a handrail.
Her father quickly grabs her from the pool, also receiving an electric shock in the process.
Panic spreads as the pool water becomes electrified and bathers scramble to safety. But one girl is floating face-down, apparently lifeless.
Her grandfather, Freddie Cabrera, saves her life by running and grabbing her out of the water.
The incident appears to have been caused by ungrounded wires in the pool pumphouse.
The pool passed a 40-year safety inspection just four months ago. Investigations into in the incident continue.
They were lucky no one was killed. That's a pretty old pool.