Her property holdings, known as the Crown Estate, posted a record profit of 240.2 million pounds ($377.4 million), a net rise of 4 percent in the year through March 2012 largely due to strong tenant demand for its shops in the upmarket Regent Street and St James's districts of London.
What Crown Estate owns:
(view slideshow for some more cool stuff she owns)
- The Crown Estate owns most of Britain's coastline and seabed out to 12 nautical miles.
- Rights to native mussels and oysters in Scotland
- Salmon fishings in both tidal and non-tidal waters in Scotland
- The Crown Estate has a number of mineral interests on and off its rural estates. Although not involved with the physical process of mining, it issues licences to others. Space 115,000 hectares
- Rights to all naturally occurring gold and silver - known as the Mines Royal - belong to The Crown Estate. This means the Estate’s permission is needed to take away Crown gold in any form.
Lovely I'm sure