kritterbox.com

Glimpses of afterli...

Notifications
Clear all

Glimpses of afterlife? ‘Near-death’ experiences aren’t hallucinations, scientists conclude

Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

What happens when we die? It’s a question people have been asking throughout time and the answer is still a mystery. Now, a review of research exploring what people experience when they’re close to death leads scientists to one important conclusion — “near-death experiences” are a real thing, even if we can’t explain them.

Countless people have claimed that their life “flashed before their eyes” or that they actually left their body and traveled somewhere else while close to death. Critics have called these experiences hallucinations or illusions, but researchers from NYU Grossman School of Medicine say something else is actually happening.

The team of scientists across several medical disciplines — including neurosciences, critical care, psychiatry, psychology, social sciences, and humanities — have come up with a number of scientific conclusions after reviewing unexplained lucid episodes which involve a heightened state of consciousness.

What exactly is a near-death experience?

The main finding is that these events don’t have much in common with the experiences someone has if they’re hallucinating or using a psychedelic drug. Instead, people who have a near-death experience typically report five different events taking place:

• A separation from their body with a heightened, vast sense of consciousness and recognition that they’re dying
  • They “travel” to a different location
  • A meaningful and purposeful review of their life, involving a critical analysis of all their past actions — basically, their life flashes before their eyes
  • Going to a place that feels like “home”
  • Returning back to life

Researchers note that the near-death experience usually triggers a positive and long-term psychological transformation in the person. The team notes that people who had negative and distressing experiences while near-death did not experience these kinds of events.

The findings are published in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences.

Read more here:

https://www.braintomorrow.com/2022/04/08/near-death-brain-activity/

I've known a few people a relative and one close friend that have had experiences in this area.

The one that bothers me is my deceased step father.

He was putting up a CB antenna back in the 70's when he became entangled in the power lines and fell off a ladder anchored to a 2 story house.

He said there was nothing... just dark...absence of everything.

No one else I've spoken with said that regarding an NDE experience.

Most have been quite faith affirming to one degree or another, less that one.

Topic starter Posted : 10/04/2022 5:41 pm
Guest Towel
 Guest Towel
(@Guest Towel)

I think I'd stay in dog heaven, the other not so much. Especially if my ex ends up there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2022 10:09 am
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

Bob If your ex is there, maybe you're not in heaven. Anonymous  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2022 4:56 pm
strigoi
(@strigoi)
Member Admin

Never known anyone that's had an NDE, so from personal or second hand experience, I've got nothing. Reading about others experiences are compelling and interesting. I don't discount the validity for a second.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2022 12:04 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: