Notifications
Clear all

I lost my will to cook

Page 1 / 2
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

JR and I used to cook a lot, try new recipes or create our own. We spent a lot of time in the kitchen where we enjoyed many good dinners. 

Now I don't want to do any of that. I have no interest and have ended up throwing out a bunch of food. I hate that.

I imagine I want to cook again some time in the future, but for now it's salads from the store or takeout. There's a surprising number of diners in my tiny town so I'm not going to starve.

There's a time for everything.

Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2022 4:35 pm
NewHorizons
(@newhorizons)
Estimable Member

I feel sorry for you having lost soul mate. I had a friend who lost hubby, but then joined a social cooking school...i dont have full details on that. But she got to know others who were widows. Cook. Make friends. Etc Group hug  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2022 6:00 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Thank you. I meet so many people in my work that I don't want to socialize that much after work. Cooking has been kind of a hobby for me, but all that changed. I'm not worried about it, it'll come back.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2022 6:06 pm
NewHorizons
(@newhorizons)
Estimable Member

Good ol bounce back octo. Iam opposite. I rather learn cooking on my own. Not interested in large gatherings. Mostly intimate setting with one other person, the wifey

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2022 6:10 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I just don't see myself spending hours cooking a fancy feast for myself. But hey, I had shrimp toast for lunch and sushi for dinner so I can't bitch Chuckle  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2022 6:32 pm
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

Just try to make sure you eat something relatively healthy each day @Octo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2022 6:52 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I'm into healthy living so that's not a problem

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2022 6:54 pm
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member

Flowers

@Octo

definitely different creating & sharing meals together

compared to eating alone

& doing things differently due to circumstances..

you have treasured memories tho..of you & JR 

..the glue that still holds thangs together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2022 7:54 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

@nightmare Thank you my friend. That's how it is Hug  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2022 8:17 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Yeah. I’m done with cooking. Lockdown killed it for me. I much prefer getting healthy takeaway and I just snack in the evenings, I don’t eat dinner. I just cook my eggs for breakfast and that’s about my cooking all done for the day.

I’m very blessed with really good food options near my house, walking distance. 

In lockdown I cooked lots of yummy, vegan meals mostly. I don’t miss cooking. 

id be happy with a personal chef though. 

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2022 10:33 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I don't eat pizza that often, but I have 3 pizzerias within 500 meters of my home Fatman  

My favorite is the Vietnamese grill that's about 100 meters from my place. Their fried noodles with veggies and chicken is delicious! That char flavor from the grill is something else.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/09/2022 1:37 pm
NewHorizons
(@newhorizons)
Estimable Member

They say people on lockdown during pandemic gained lots of weight, any of you gained? As of 2020 i lost weight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2022 1:54 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

No I didn't gain any weight, but I worked throughout the pandemic

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/09/2022 4:13 am
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

I don't eat pizza that often, but I have 3 pizzerias within 500 meters of my home Fatman  

My favorite is the Vietnamese grill that's about 100 meters from my place. Their fried noodles with veggies and chicken is delicious! That char flavor from the grill is something else.

Thai and Vietnamese are my go to places. There is one cafe I go to that does healthy salads too, so tasty and yum and they all know my name and scream out when I walk by. Lol. Total sweethearts. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2022 10:27 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

We have many Vietnamese people living here, they make delicious food! One pizza place is run by a family from Kosovo, one is run by a Syrian guy that makes Italian cuisine and the third place is run by Iraqis. The burger joint is run by an Indian guy and the burgers and fries are sensational.

There's a Chinese woman that sells spring rolls from a cart downtown (the square) from time to time and people come from all over the place to get them.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/09/2022 2:09 pm
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: