kritterbox.com

I Want To Learn The...

Notifications
Clear all

I Want To Learn The Art Of Chit Chatting...

Page 1 / 2
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

How do you do it please?

More and more people are stopping me with their dogs when I'm out walking.

I can get by the smile, the greeting, ie Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening part just fine and dandy.

But I can't get past the next bit when they start boring me with BS, I look like I'm listening and will agree with them whilst staring up at the tree's. But I don't wish to appear rude and some of them are starting to cross roads now when they see me coming.

So, I've never asked for help before but how do you chit chat? 

Ps, I'm not implying anybody here is a chit chatter, I'm positive if we ever crossed paths in life we would connect straight away. 

Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2022 7:11 pm
Topic Tags
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I'm not the right person to ask, lol, I'm not good at it. I try to keep chit chatting short and on topics like the weather. Bob  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2022 8:14 pm
Boomerang liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

The weather @octo that's a good point. Thankyou!

You might be onto something, I will ask them to look at the trees with me after the initial greeting part is over! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2022 8:30 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Learn a poem or five about trees or leaves. Recite them when you look at the trees and people will want to not chat with you anymore, or alternatively talk more in depth with you.

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/10/2022 9:16 pm
Boomerang liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

As I look through the leaves

Watch them move, hear them breathe

Pigeons rustle I recall

And watch the leaves as they  fall

Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring

Never stops the birds  sing

This I notice on my walk

Until somebody wants to talk

I can't ignore, cuz it's rude

In my space that they protrude

Instead of look up at the trees

They'll talk about what's on TV  😩 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/10/2022 9:49 pm
Octo liked
cynicalabsurdance
(@cynicalabsurdance)
Prominent Member

My Turn

~~~~ Song off the tip of fingers ~~~~~

Asthe Sun awakes

Sleep fades away

and while the colors feel their way

Morning breaks

the Stars all slipping away

I'll not forget you, either way

Friend as a lover

never seem to hurt us

guess that just the way

we're meant to stay

You sang me when I couldn't stand

held my breath

caressed my hand

and,,, I'll not forget you, either way

Now, waiting for the feeling

to come back again

those old feelings that painted us

as two melding into one

My Heart again sways

once in a while

maybe twice in a day

I remember not to forget you

either way,,,,,,,

Not to ever forget you, is all I can pray

To always hold this love for you

is my saving,,, my saving grace.

No longer waiting, the feelings here,,,, here,,, it's here to stay

~~~~~ Separation,,, and you find,,, there was more inside you for them, then you'd learn to admit ~~~~~~

Share Something Please 005

I am on that Beach as seen in the photo, Memories prove, I never forgot her,,,,, either way

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/10/2022 1:46 am
Boomerang liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

So my plan failed yet again.

Little old lady, looks like she was born in the late 1930's, frail old thing with a small fluffy dog.

I smiled

She smiled

I said 'Good Afternoon'

She replied with, 'is it afternoon already, I thought it was still morning?' 

I took a deep breath and looked up at the trees.

She said, 'is your dog friendly?'

I froze for a second and said. 'well I think so, but she is female and has learnt to play me like a fiddle, she blows hot and cold and changes like the weather, when you think something is fine with her then it's not fine, I think it must be a female thing'

She just stared oddly at me and started to hobble slowly away.

I tried to back peddle and called out if she would like to talk about the weather. 

Her hobble kind of turned into a fast sprint 🤔  

Back to the drawing board for me I guess...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/10/2022 3:28 pm
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

I took Alice down to the garden center today.

An elderly lady who went a bit depressed asked me to come along.

So I took Alice along as well to the garden center with us (Big Mistake)

Alice decided that the garden center was one big playground, she sniffed out the food cuz there is a doggo section as well as a human food market section.

She then decided to eat everything and though it could be argued she is a small doggy, and I could tell her off and even pick her up when she gets out of order, she actually turns some kind of energy on within her that I can't describe, I swear she fully understands Quantum mechanics. I could only compare this to trying to wrestle a fully grown bear that was on steroids and was extremely starving hungry, Winston somehow controlled her, but he has died now!

The elderly lady I was with started laughing, whilst I just went completely red in the face because the whole Garden Centre was looking at me, laughing.

So I got embarrassed and said to the woman staff member who wandered over, you'll have to ring the dog pound people and she will have to do a night in prison for what she had stolen. Cuz I had no money to pay for the chomped up mess all over the floor. 

But it didn't turn out all bad, cuz me and the elderly lady got free coffee whilst Alice just sat and ate the remains of her stolen goods.

I'll continue to keep trying to fit in with learning to chit chat, but today's episode at the garden centre was all Alice's fault!

Anyway I've been informed it is my birthday this Monday so I'm going to Carlisle, cuz I don't do Birthdays as they make no sense. 

One day of the year which should be everyday of the year for everybody, I mean it's like Xmas, everybody is nice, or tries to be nice, family get together and stuff themselves, alcohol everywhere. The majority of people I see at Xmas seem to enjoy it.

It should  be like that everyday though, not just one day. I try to get my head around my Birthday and it makes absolutely no sense. A date in time that 2 people decided to play God and have a bit of nooky. To then put a human life on this Earth and think they knew everything cuz they had been so heavily brainwashed from there own births and yet because I was so little these 2 people thought I wouldn't notice being rushed to walk and talk, then told to sit down and shut up.

Boy did that non buckling approach have some big prices along the way! 😒 

And so I'm not around again shortly , cuz the intenet is real iffy up next to Hadrians Wall.

At least I can walk Alice in the Lake District and chat with the cows for a few days! 

Alice

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/10/2022 3:58 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Those are funny stories Chuckle  

@boomerang So you have a birthday coming up too.. Cool! Happy birthday in advance in case I forget. Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2022 5:45 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @boomerang

The weather @octo that's a good point. Thankyou!

You might be onto something, I will ask them to look at the trees with me after the initial greeting part is over! 

Scratch your genitals a lot. That will stop them talking to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2022 11:50 pm
Boomerang liked
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

I chit chat to everyone walking the dog, it’s not something you can fake really. 

this one old lady is so friendly, instantly knew my dogs name, you could talk to her all day, so sweet and nice, but her husband is the opposite, won’t let my dog near his dog, refuses to smile or say hello, (which is highly rude around here) and drags his dog, literally, across the street when he sees me coming. That was until I told his wife that her husband is the opposite of her and told her what he is like, lol. She said she knows, everyone has told her. So now he is nice, says hello when walking by, doesn’t drag his dog away from me. 

he got neighbourhood shamed.

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2022 11:54 pm
Boomerang liked
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2022 11:57 pm
Boomerang liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I'm thinking chit chat best translates to small talk for me.

WR is right, dogs make the best topics! I had some great small talk with an old woman on a walker today. I was walking Mason on a new route he chose today. This old lady asked if she could pet the dog and of course she could.

She went on about how much she loves dogs and that she used to have dogs, but can't have any now being on a walker and over 80 years old.

Then she says "I had a cat too! A long haired white cat. You know she used to tease my dog. In the summers at the summer house the cat used to go out to catch a mouse, bring it inside and put it in front of the dog. My mom would scream EEEK! Yeah... Dogs are wonderful..."

Then she says "I had a cat too! A long haired white cat. You know she used to tease my dog. In the summers at the summer house the cat used to go out to catch a mouse, bring it inside and put it in front of the dog. My mom would scream EEEK! Yeah... Dogs are wonderful..."

It was very surreal, wasn't sure if it was me or her glitching when she started telling me that same story the second time damned  

I figured it was her Chuckle  

I told her she could pet my dog next time too which she appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2022 4:16 pm
Boomerang liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/10/2022 6:33 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

I'm thinking chit chat best translates to small talk for me.

WR is right, dogs make the best topics! I had some great small talk with an old woman on a walker today. I was walking Mason on a new route he chose today. This old lady asked if she could pet the dog and of course she could.

She went on about how much she loves dogs and that she used to have dogs, but can't have any now being on a walker and over 80 years old.

It was very surreal, wasn't sure if it was me or her glitching when she started telling me that same story the second time damned  

I figured it was her Chuckle  

I told her she could pet my dog next time too which she appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/10/2022 5:12 am
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: