kritterbox.com

Putin puts nuclear ...

Notifications
Clear all

Putin puts nuclear forces on high alert, escalating tensions

To Be Announced
 To Be Announced
(@To Be Announced)

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — President Vladimir Putin dramatically escalated East-West tensions by ordering Russian nuclear forces put on high alert Sunday, while Ukraine’s embattled leader agreed to talks with Moscow as Putin’s troops and tanks drove deeper into the country.

Citing “aggressive statements” by NATO, Putin issued a directive to increase the readiness of Russia’s nuclear weapons — a step that raised fears that the invasion of Ukraine could boil over into nuclear war, whether by design or mistake.

The Russian leader is “potentially putting in play forces that, if there’s a miscalculation, could make things much, much more dangerous,” said a senior U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Amid the mounting tensions, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s office announced that the two sides would meet at an unspecified location on the Belarusian border, where a Russian delegation was waiting Sunday.

But the Kremlin’s ultimate aims in Ukraine — and what steps might be enough to satisfy Moscow — remained unclear.

The fast-moving developments came as scattered fighting was reported in Kyiv, battles broke out in Ukraine’s second-largest city, Kharkiv, and strategic ports in the country’s south came under assault from Russian forces.

With Russian troops closing in around Kyiv, a city of almost 3 million, the mayor of the capital expressed doubt civilians could be evacuated.

Across the country, Ukrainian defenders were putting up stiff resistance that appeared to slow Russia’s advance.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-business-europe-moscow-2e4e1cf784f22b6afbe5a2f936725550

The next World War has already begun.  

Topic starter Posted : 28/02/2022 1:38 am
Nintendo 69
 Nintendo 69
(@Nintendo 69)

Never thought I'd live long enough to see this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2022 2:16 am
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

Expert on nuclear war explains why you are probably going to survive an exchange and how you can increase the odds of survival.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2022 11:17 am
kreeper
(@kreeper)
Member Admin

Mr. Ego is backed into a corner. He thought he would just walk right in and take Ukraine but they had other ideas. Now he will either have to have a drawn out war with them, which will expose his weakness, or call it a day, which will make him look weak, or nuke the place which will not end well for anyone but at least he won't look weak. I think this is why he offered a ceasefire.

I have been seeing captured Russian soldiers saying that they were tricked into being there. They were told that it was exercises and then they were ordered in. Many still thought they were on exercises until they were attacked and a lot of them don't want to be there. They were POWs so take it for what it is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2022 3:11 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

Tears I feel so damn bad for all involved.

Admittedly... I've misjudged Putin on an Epic level, I actually thought he was far more shrewd than this BS.

His crystal ball must be cracked.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2022 12:40 am
Random German Guy
 Random German Guy
(@Random German Guy)

Putin sends militia into Ukraine to assassinate Zelensky!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10558749/Kremlin-sends-400-mercenaries-Kyiv-assassinate-President-Zelensky.html

😱

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2022 12:44 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin
Posted by: @Random German Guy

Putin sends militia into Ukraine to assassinate Zelensky!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10558749/Kremlin-sends-400-mercenaries-Kyiv-assassinate-President-Zelensky.html

Putin has become loony as a sh#thouse rat.

Everyday the headlines get worse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2022 12:58 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: