What's for dinner? ...

Notifications
Clear all

What's for dinner? 🍽️

Page 4 / 17
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

They look delicious but I've cut out carbs (drastically) from my diet and the thought of coconut or almond flour pancakes just doesn't do it for me.

Power without abuse loses it's charm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2022 2:32 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I have some low carb pancake recipes, but I'll post them tomorrow because it's bedtime for me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2022 2:53 am
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

The buckwheat crepes are phenomenal and versatile.

They make great wraps and are "slow release carbs" + buckwheat is an anti inflammatory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/02/2022 3:06 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Chili tonight

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2022 6:52 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

[postquote quote=2187]

But hot tamale.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/02/2022 6:55 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Chuckle That was awful JR.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2022 2:35 am
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

Where did you get information it buckwheat being slow release, every site I see says steer clear of buckwheat as it is not low carb...nothing about slow release.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2022 5:48 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

I just said that to f¤@k with your diet.

That's just a little alien humor for ya. Chuckle

J/K link here... https://www.baybuckwheat.co.nz/home/carbs-in-buckwheat/

[blockquote]
Buckwheat is also a pseudocereal.
Despite the name, buckwheat is not related to wheat and does not contain gluten.

Raw buckwheat contains 71.5% carbs, while cooked buckwheat groats contain about 20% carbs. Which is 13.5g per 100g of cooked roasted buckwheat kasha.

Buckwheat is a great alternative to wheat — one of the most highly allergenic foods and the grain we tend to most commonly overeat. Buckwheat is a gluten-free grain, making it an excellent choice for those with celiac disease, gluten sensitivities, food allergies or for anyone undertaking a super-clean diet. It can be used as an alternative to rice or served as porridge and it’s higher in protein and fibre than other grains. Buckwheat is also lower on the glycemic index and results in less insulin release after consumption. It’s known to lower cholesterol and is a rich source of magnesium.

Rich in anti-inflammatory flavonoids (especially rutin, which tonifies veins and are useful for treating and preventing spider or varicose veins), buckwheat is a great choice for bolstering the health of our heart and blood vessels.[/blockquote]

The majority of the carbs are actually fiber. It's LCHF friendly and the anti inflammatory properties are a wonderful thing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2022 8:02 pm
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

I allow myself 30 to 60 grams of carbs per day, so they may say 'low' carbs in cooked groats but it's high for me.

"As a grain alternative, buckwheat contains plenty of carbs: 66 grams in 1/2 cup of uncooked buckwheat groats. Buckwheat flour contains around 44 grams in 1/2 cup. Buckwheat does not contain sugar; instead, its carbs come in the form of healthy fiber."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2022 8:51 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

My sweet husband had made chicken sliders when I got home tonight

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2022 10:12 pm
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

How nice. My hubby is food shopping right now while I do nothing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2022 10:34 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

Chuckle Doing nothing is something if you enjoy it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/02/2022 11:37 pm
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

Chicken wings baked in the oven with my daughter's boyfriends bee's honey (wildflowers and farmer's fields) and Dijon mustard, maybe with a touch of balsamic vinegar and a tiny bit of Cajun spice.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2022 11:52 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

We make baked hotwings quite often, just salt and pepper and in the oven at 225c for 1/2 hour.

Then soak em in melted butter, Texas Pete, a few drops of Tabasco a dash of cayenne and a half a cap of vinegar and salt to taste to bring it all together.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/02/2022 12:30 am
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

Baked chicken wings are great for low carb/keto diets...filling and tasty cold the next day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2022 12:39 am
Page 4 / 17

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: