Breaking: Queen Eli...

Notifications
Clear all

Breaking: Queen Elizabeth has tested positive for Covid-19

Page 1 / 2
strigoi
(@strigoi)
Member Admin

More details to come. No idea if any outlets are reporting this yet.

Topic starter Posted : 20/02/2022 4:56 pm
strigoi
(@strigoi)
Member Admin

[blockquote]The Queen has tested positive for Covid-19, Buckingham Palace has announced.

The monarch, 95, has tested positive for the virus and is experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms” but expects to continue carrying out light duties this week.

It was confirmed she had been in direct contact with her eldest son and heir, the Prince of Wales, the week he had the disease.

The announcement on Sunday was made only a few weeks after the Queen reached her platinum jubilee of 70 years on the throne on 6 February.

A statement said: “Buckingham Palace confirm that the Queen has today tested positive for Covid.

“Her Majesty is experiencing mild cold-like symptoms but expects to continue light duties at Windsor over the coming week. She will continue to receive medical attention and will follow all the appropriate guidelines.[/blockquote]

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/20/queen-tests-positive-for-covid

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/02/2022 5:02 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Ooo, I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it. I truly wish her a speedy recovery

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2022 5:03 pm
strigoi
(@strigoi)
Member Admin

Good morning Octo. A wee bit of concern is in order. Poor thing is getting up there in age and she's the only one of the royals I can stand. Chuckle

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/02/2022 5:08 pm
kreeper
(@kreeper)
Member Admin

I bet they treat her with Ivermectin.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2022 5:09 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

Dang.

I wish her all the best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2022 5:10 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

[postquote quote=2639]

Not going to make horse jokes because I'm way to classy for that. Chuckle

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2022 5:11 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

[postquote quote=2637]

Yeah, pretty much same here Chuckle

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2022 5:25 pm
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

She will get the best healthcare that the people's money can buy.

Power without abuse loses it's charm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2022 5:26 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

Chuckle Right U are.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2022 5:29 pm
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Queen cancels virtual engagements as she is still experiencing mild Covid symptoms

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II canceled her planned virtual engagements on Tuesday as she continues to suffer from mild Covid-19 symptoms, Buckingham Palace has said.
The palace announced Sunday that the 95-year-old monarch had contracted the virus.
"As Her Majesty is still experiencing mild cold-like symptoms she has decided not to undertake her planned virtual engagements today, but will continue with light duties," the palace said.

Light duties likely refer to her head of state responsibilities such as reading and answering documents and letters, which she receives daily in her famous red despatch boxes.

A source close to the palace told CNN that the Queen's further engagements over the coming week will be decided upon nearer the time.

Concern for the Queen's health has been renewed given her advanced age and health issues late last year. However, she has continued to work since Sunday despite testing positive for the coronavirus, issuing a message of condolence to the people of Brazil over flooding in the country on Monday.
The Queen's diagnosis is the latest Covid case to hit the royal household. Her eldest son and heir to the British throne, Prince Charles, contracted the virus for a second time on February 10, and had seen his mother "recently." Days later, his wife, Camilla, also tested positive.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/22/uk/queen-elizabeth-ii-covid-update-intl/index.html

She's not doing well

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2022 4:35 am
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

The Royals are redundant.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2022 5:40 pm
kreeper
(@kreeper)
Member Admin

Wait... so Covid has crossed from humans to reptiles?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2022 5:43 pm
uniquestranger
(@uniquestranger)
Honorable Member

Chuckle No, it has crossed from bats to pigs to humans and back to blood suckers.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2022 5:46 pm
strigoi
(@strigoi)
Member Admin

LoL Don't forget those yummy pangolins.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/02/2022 6:17 pm
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name