kritterbox.com

Cybersecurity firm ...

Notifications
Clear all

Cybersecurity firm Symantec said they have discovered a "highly sophisticated" Chinese hacking tool that has been able to escape public attention for more than a decade.

Keif Richards
 Keif Richards
(@Keif Richards)

Security researchers with U.S. cybersecurity firm Symantec said they have discovered a “highly sophisticated” Chinese hacking tool that has been able to escape public attention for more than a decade.

“It’s something we haven’t seen before,” said Clayton Romans, associate director with the U.S. Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). “This is the exact type of information we’re hoping to receive.”

The Chinese embassy in Washington did not respond to a request for comment. Chinese officials have previously said China is also a victim of hacking and opposes all forms of cyber attacks.

"The capabilities of this malware are remarkable and would be extremely difficult to detect without this public research," said Neil Jenkins, chief analytics officer at the Cyber Threat Alliance, a non-profit group that brings together cybersecurity experts to share data.

Symantec’s attribution to China is based on instances where components of Daxin were combined with other known, Chinese-linked computer hacker infrastructure or cyberattacks

Topic starter Posted : 02/03/2022 12:56 am
Keif Richards
 Keif Richards
(@Keif Richards)

Sorry forgot link https://www.reuters.com/technology/new-chinese-hacking-tool-found-spurring-us-warning-allies-2022-02-28/

And https://symantec-enterprise-blogs.security.com/blogs/threat-intelligence/daxin-backdoor-espionage

It's a Windows kernel driver and has never been found till now? I don't buy it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/03/2022 1:00 am
Anonymous Kritter
 Anonymous Kritter
(@Anonymous Kritter)

Corporate users have to be insane to use Windows.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2022 1:11 am
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

So, it's a "smart" kernel driver that can infect CPU'S and send data back to it's programmers without raising an eyebrow.

Is it any wonder China has developed hypersonic missiles and lord knows WTF else... I'd bet a whole lot of defense contractors have this lurking in their networks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2022 9:00 am
Random German Guy
 Random German Guy
(@Random German Guy)
Posted by: @jayrodney

So, it's a "smart" kernel driver that can infect CPU'S and send data back to it's programmers without raising an eyebrow.

Is it any wonder China has developed hypersonic missiles and lord knows WTF else... I'd bet a whole lot of defense contractors have this lurking in their networks.

Lurking for 10 years no less. That has to be scary for a lot of corporations out there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2022 9:40 am
cynicalabsurdance
(@cynicalabsurdance)
Prominent Member

OH NOES!

I so scared, I wet my Panties,,,,,twice!

ha!

ever think,

what if, all the products we buy out of China, that have chips in them,,,, what if,,,

Vehicles, waiting on Chips, right?

what if the Chips in Vehicles come with,,,, Security settings that can turn off the vehicle and lock down the fuel system?

My 1998 Chevy Astro Van has that, agents would drive by with Iphones loaded with the frequency and , Click, I couldn't

start the Van for 10 minutes.

China Hack me?

Pffft,,, try U.S. Agents is a worse threat to U.S. Citizens.

True Facts above, they stalk me. Damage everything I own, so who is the threat?

China?

Russia?

or our own Gov.'t?

Sniff this: " Joe signed a multitude of Bills, like a Fiend on Meth, shut down Energy.

ever study the War and Energy of WWII? Major reason Japan and Germany lost, was lack of fuel.

Who is Joe working for? He just released oil reserves Twice, know the Purpose of those Reserves?

Those are security energy during War Time, that's what created the concept to store Oil, Emergency War Reserves.

let's see who can catch this, say China/Russia invade U.S.A.

or even get close to our Borders,,, we fight them, right?

But, who wins if we run out of Oil during the Fight and they do not?

I think Germany and Japan can answer that easily, I mean, if there's anyone left that remembers why they lost.

You people have a Weirdly Interesting World to watch,

Kinda like watching LSD dosed Goonie Birds riding a Whirly Gig,,, with Mask on.

Hacking?

that's a product of ?

I mean, it comes with the Tech, and every one is guilty.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2022 6:15 pm
cynicalabsurdance
(@cynicalabsurdance)
Prominent Member

what was Joe's excuse for shutting down the pipeline?

Going Green energy maybe?

Wait a Minute, you do not get rid of an energy source until you have it's replacement developed and secured,,, right?

but what if it's a "Plan" with a Darker Seed behind it?

All Oil gone in this Nation? what would happen?

what reaction would some U.S. citizens have?

Well one reaction would be,,,, remember "Toilet Paper Hoarding"

that's right, People Panic and become

"Piggish Hogs." and get pissed when I call them "Piggish Hogs"

The last two years revealed a lot about people in the U.S.,

a whole lot,

I traveled 13 states observing the people. while Maskless, Pfft,,,

Know what I learned about people during a Manufactured Panic Scam?

I learned the Nature of the Person sitting next to me on that Pew, they pray for forgiveness, walk out of Church, and shit on

their Brethren by Hoarding products rather than sharing them.

know what else I learned?

Buy the Book. LOL!!!!!!!! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2022 6:28 pm
Jay Rodney
(@jayrodney)
Member Admin

Yeah. Lot's of manufactured panic.

The reaction to a flu like virus was absurd.

The mask became the MAGA hat of the left.

All science was abandoned in the name of propaganda disguised as science.

And WTF people lining up to get gawd knows what in their veins.

It's been a f#€kin trip and a half to watch this BS go down from afar.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/03/2022 6:40 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: