Notifications
Clear all

The superior quality of Finnish Coffee packaging

Page 1 / 2
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

You may not know it, but Finns are if not top consumers, one of the top coffee consumers in the world. 

Juhla mokka is a well known standard coffee (which I of course snub since I like dark roast), but it's the most common shitty workplace coffee I'm sure. It's impossible to open the vacuum sealed package without scissors.

920326cd 5152 4d08 87fa 44cbe46f7cb9

Drug smugglers also use it   damned  

https://www.cusnc.navy.mil/Media/News/Display/Article/3282785/us-international-forces-seize-illegal-drugs-in-gulf-of-oman/

Coffeetime

Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2023 9:38 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

1. Finland — 12 kg/26 lbs — Finland is the world's biggest consumer of coffee on a per-person basis. The average Finn drinks nearly four cups a day. Coffee is so popular in Finland that two 10-minute coffee breaks are legally mandated for Finnish workers

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/coffee-consumption-by-country

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2023 9:48 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Go Finland.. 

Coffeetime

Aussies are big on it too, total snobs. We hate American coffee chains. Starbucks flopped. Now they are throwing money at it again and opening more stores. I’m sure it will fail again because they just don’t understand that American coffee is shit and Australians are coffee snobs.

Downthesinkaccinos.

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2023 10:35 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I have never had Starbucks coffee... Coffeetime  

I need dark roast organic beans that I grind fresh every time before steaming it in my DeLonghi espresso machine with the purest water in the world... Coffeetime  

Coffee snob you say? 

I say!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2023 5:26 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

And in defense of American coffee, I believe that's an old stereotype that us foreigners like to keep because we like to feel superior about the finer things 😬. American coffee has developed into a lot of different varieties, just like Finnish coffee has. 

You can buy Finnsh coffee with New York roast even. It's ok medium roast coffee for a brewer. I'd take it any day as workplace coffee instead of the Juhla Mokka in the OP.

Chuckle

Coffeetime

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2023 5:33 pm
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member

I have never had Starbucks coffee

..don't even have that around here,however there is Caribou Coffee not overly far away and is the exact same as starbucks in quality/taste if not better actually

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/02/2023 8:54 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

There's some Starbucks coffee drink or something in the cold section at the grocery store here, but I haven't tried it and never will. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/02/2023 10:00 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

And in defense of American coffee, I believe that's an old stereotype that us foreigners like to keep because we like to feel superior about the finer things 😬. American coffee has developed into a lot of different varieties, just like Finnish coffee has. 

You can buy Finnsh coffee with New York roast even. It's ok medium roast coffee for a brewer. I'd take it any day as workplace coffee instead of the Juhla Mokka in the OP.

Chuckle

Coffeetime

Starbucks literally tastes like urine. It lacks all the full body that I’m sure you like. Worth a try, just so you can have a more negative opinion, I suggest.

Huh!?  

and don’t get me started on Nespresso and the like minded pods for those machines.

thanks George Clooney. What a disgrace. 

Hypnotoad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2023 3:50 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Eww, nespresso is atrocious!!!

disgusted sarah michelle gellar GIF
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2023 11:38 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I was out of coffee beans and needed some other stuff so I walked to a larger store.

Not only did they have New York style roast, they had Aussie style roast too!!!

And it was 2 on the roasting scale compared to 3 for the American style! Bob  

IMG 20230206 141802 724

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2023 3:28 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I bought this for myself... Coffeetime  

IMG 20230206 144920 302
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2023 3:31 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Look at that crema! Coffeetime  

IMG 20230206 154427 291 01
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2023 3:47 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

You will be jumping like a kangaroo after the Sydney one..

Anonymous

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2023 10:09 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I don't see me buying it, I don't have a coffee brewer Good Morning  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/02/2023 6:31 am
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

I’ve had to stop drinking coffee cause I turn it into a full addiction, chasing the coffee high, it gets messy. damned  

so I’m just drinking English breakfast tea these days, extra strong. It gives me a buzz and wake up, without the binge bender situation I turn it into. 

Huh!?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2023 10:58 pm
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: