I made some lifesty...

Notifications
Clear all

I made some lifestyle changes

Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I felt drained, low energy and uninspired. I planned on starting to take better care of myself after Christmas and I did just that.

I went on a ketogenic diet and I feel great! Energy levels are up and I feel great! 

I also fell in love with Shirataki noodles! They're perfect for stirfry which I love!!

Today I made the noodles in creamy sauce with garlic and shrimp with a tuna steak.

Oh and I lost weight too Cheerleader  

Topic starter Posted : 29/01/2023 10:14 pm
Boomerang liked
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

We are so in sync. I’m not doing keto, but have drastically changed the way I eat. I was pretty healthy before with food, but the calories were getting me. So now I’m at no high carbs, I have cut rice. Already had cut bread and pasta but was enjoying too much Thai food, especially the Thai fried rice dishes. I still have veggie Vietnamese twice a week for lunch. Lunch I’m mainly eating organic, chicken breast with carrots and beetroots, all cooked in the air fryer. Lean, beef steaks some days. Dinner is a whey protein shake with banana and mango, in the nutri bullet, blender. So yummy. Oh breakfast I have granola or muesli (so I get carbs in the morning when you need it) with low fat milk and always scrambled eggs. So I’m eating a lot more meat, increased the protein big time, and eating lots of fruit and vegetables,.

The stomach has reduced majorly, I have not lost weight in the places I didn’t want to, arms feel bulkier, so do legs, and I’m eating lots of food, and it’s all really tasty and yummy and I’m always full. 

keto is too much fat to eat, for me.  Im glad it works for other people. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2023 10:22 am
Octo and Boomerang liked
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member

I also fell in love with Shirataki noodles! They're perfect for stirfry which I love!!

i'm going with meat sauced spagetti dinner today which i haven't had in awhile,is so cold here; good for a day like this

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2023 7:37 pm
Boomerang liked
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member

Today I made the noodles in creamy sauce with garlic and shrimp with a tuna steak

..word tuna reminded me of this pic

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/01/2023 7:41 pm
Boomerang liked
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Keto is so healthy..

damned

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2023 8:08 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin
Posted by: @white-ribbon

I'm not eating as much fat as you're supposed to really, I'm still trying to work out a balanced diet where I'm full without carbs and get all my nutrients. I'm probably eating too little, but I feel so full and crave nothing. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2023 9:07 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin
Posted by: @nightmare

Today I made the noodles in creamy sauce with garlic and shrimp with a tuna steak

..word tuna reminded me of this pic

Chuckle

It wasn't canned, it was frozen  Huh!?  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/02/2023 9:10 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo
Posted by: @white-ribbon

I'm not eating as much fat as you're supposed to really, I'm still trying to work out a balanced diet where I'm full without carbs and get all my nutrients. I'm probably eating too little, but I feel so full and crave nothing. 

Maybe you aren’t on keto diet then. Sounds like Atkins to me. 

i just ate out for lunch for the first time in a while, and went to this great Thai place up the street and ordered a green papaya salad and some rice paper rolls (prawn). The rice paper rolls were yum. The papaya salad was so fucking chilli hot, and I like it hot, that I couldn’t eat it. I had to go order some rice (something I’m not eating at all) to cool it down and then order some more rice paper rolls.. the bill was ridiculous. Lol. What a rip off. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2023 4:03 am
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Beetroot and carrots, chopped up first, in the air fryer, is so filling, and are low carbs. Add in a protein choice to it and you will be super full after it, without causing much damage.. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2023 4:05 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I don't know what my diet is called and I don't care. It's a low carb diet.

I just took a flank steak and wok veggies out of the freezer. I'm making fried shirataka noodles, my favorite and it makes enough to bring with me to work for several days! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2023 11:25 am
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

I don't know what my diet is called and I don't care. It's a low carb diet.

I just took a flank steak and wok veggies out of the freezer. I'm making fried shirataka noodles, my favorite and it makes enough to bring with me to work for several days! 

Sounds like the Locto diet. 

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2023 1:06 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Are you farting lots? 

Anonymous

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/02/2023 1:07 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I'm not farting a lot, but I have experienced stomach cramps and pains. I think it's me overdosing on the shirataki noodles Anonymous  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirataki_noodles

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2023 3:12 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Oh my my my, that was delicious! 🤤

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/02/2023 6:25 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)