kritterbox.com

Notifications
Clear all

Snowstorm!

Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

We're finally getting some winter weather here and I see a big portion of the US is also experiencing blizzard conditions!

It's freezing cold outside, -14C and windy. I can't believe it's going to snow on top of that. Hyper  

https://yle.fi/a/74-20008180

"A really strong storm low pressure is approaching from the Baltics on Monday," Yle meteorologist Matti Huutonen said on Sunday afternoon.

"North-easterly winds will become gusts in southern and central parts of the country during the day. That, combined with temperatures of about 10 degrees below zero, makes the weather feel very cold, easily corresponding to -20 degrees," he said.

On the Gulf of Finland, winds may reach severe gale force, with sustained averages over 21 metres per second. Heavy snowfall is expected over large areas of southern and central Finland from Monday evening. 

Topic starter Posted : 12/12/2022 5:16 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin
Screenshot 20221212 170453

That's the wind speed in m/s.

23 meter per second = 51.45 mph

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/12/2022 5:23 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

The Swedish coast (to the left) is going to get hit with the lake effect snow cannon! Bob  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/12/2022 5:40 pm
NewHorizons
(@newhorizons)
Estimable Member

I can picture you now...wrapped up in fleece blanket. In a beanbag chair in front of roaring fireplace..sipping hot chocolate with chocolate covered candycane and a fluffy kitty sleeping on a windowsill. Warm bread baking in oven, beef stew bubbling in crockpot

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/12/2022 7:23 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I am wrapped up in a fleece blanket! Can you see me?

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/12/2022 7:29 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Global warming is a beast,yeah.

i offended my brother in law last Christmas when I said climate change was a hoax.

will have to come up with more offensive chit chat for this year.

Blonde

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2022 8:19 am
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @octo

We're finally getting some winter weather here and I see a big portion of the US is also experiencing blizzard conditions!

yeah.. i am in the zone/starts today thru thursday

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2022 6:31 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: