Who's afraid of the...

Notifications
Clear all

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf roaming my town? 🐺Not me

Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

A wolf or 2 have been spotted in my tiny town, right in the middle of residential areas. I'm not sure they're either big or bad, probably a couple trying to start a new pack. I walk to work every morning and it's still dark just past 6 am.

Ppl ask "aren't you afraid to walk with that wolf in the neighborhood?"

Ummm, no.

Topic starter Posted : 26/09/2022 3:14 pm
Boomerang liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I just came to think of something that happened twice in the past weeks when I've taken the dog out late in the evening.

The main road runs all the way straight through town, I live right there and across it is a small area with very dense vegetation. You need a machete to get through there for real. The arrowhead shaped area, which measures about 100 meters long and maybe 30 meters at its widest, is surrounded by roads on the 2 long sides and houses at the end towards town. I walk there every day with Mason, but this happens only late in the evening.  I'm hearing an animal in there, following us inside the vegetation. You can hear it. It should be a cat since it's normally the only predator sneaking around in the neighborhood.

But it sounds way bigger than a cat damned   You can hear snapping of twigs, movement in vegetation such as rustling leaves and shit. It's creepy I have to admit and I didn't think about it until now...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/09/2022 4:09 pm
NewHorizons
(@newhorizons)
Estimable Member

There have been reports of wolves spotted roaming cities that are near open space parks in the hills late night. Mountain lions too. They preyed on small family dogs, cats. More and more open space being replaced by new homes 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/09/2022 6:35 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

I just came to think of something that happened twice in the past weeks when I've taken the dog out late in the evening.

The main road runs all the way straight through town, I live right there and across it is a small area with very dense vegetation. You need a machete to get through there for real. The arrowhead shaped area, which measures about 100 meters long and maybe 30 meters at its widest, is surrounded by roads on the 2 long sides and houses at the end towards town. I walk there every day with Mason, but this happens only late in the evening.  I'm hearing an animal in there, following us inside the vegetation. You can hear it. It should be a cat since it's normally the only predator sneaking around in the neighborhood.

But it sounds way bigger than a cat damned   You can hear snapping of twigs, movement in vegetation such as rustling leaves and shit. It's creepy I have to admit and I didn't think about it until now...

Sounds like Big Foot.

damned

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2022 10:54 pm
Octo liked
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

A wolf or 2 have been spotted in my tiny town, right in the middle of residential areas. I'm not sure they're either big or bad, probably a couple trying to start a new pack. I walk to work every morning and it's still dark just past 6 am.

Ppl ask "aren't you afraid to walk with that wolf in the neighborhood?"

Ummm, no.

Teen wolf.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2022 10:57 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin
20220401 171537
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2022 9:48 am
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2022 2:21 pm
Octo liked
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member

if it was a wolf following ..it would go for mason if hungry

as for the sighted in town wolves they wouldn't attack unless starving or if they feel threatened..imo

wolves don't go out of their way to attack humans despite what some may say

there would have to be a valid reason were it to happen

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2022 8:05 pm
Octo and Boomerang liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Yeah I'm not worried about wolves attacking me, but cats, dogs and sheep have been killed. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/10/2022 9:34 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: