Notifications
Clear all

A.I

Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

Just been testing out Googles AI bot.

AI Chat (deepai.org)

I say it's Googles because when questions get a little (let's say close), to continue you have to sign into your Google account.

If you can get by not asking it questions, and ask it stuff that it's been programmed to know, then 2 things have jumped out which are slightly concerning. 

Though it makes no attempt to understand human feelings and emotion, it will refer to certain parts of conversation to 'our' and 'we'. When challenged on making these human interactions, it then says it is trying to make a connection between machine and human.

Hmmm...

When you challenge it  by saying ,you sound  like an old schoolteacher I used to know who knew thought he knew everything', it caves in and apologies lol.

Yet, it is still an interesting concept, people will get close to this because they will soon become fully aware of it's caring side, it has the ability to learn who you are, and then offer comforting advice and will in time become the only thing that knows everybody inside out. 

However,  information has been collected since the human language started, not kept on computers as such, but stored in memory and passed on down in the same fashion to off spring, what with Chinese Whispers thrown into the mix it's no wonder we are where we are.. Since the end of the Stone Age and farming being invented, it's the blind leading the blind. 

But luckily for everybody there is this thing called money which everybody craves, and I often walk around the graveyard trying to work out which one of the dead was the richest of them all. 

Sorry, gone right off topic 

AI are programmed by humans, there is the flaw.

There are things it doesn't know, but does point you into certain areas of expertise which I didn't know existed. Yet, like I tried persistently to say, some things cannot be explained by words,  the eyes alone can speak a bigger volume of words within a split second of glance. 

The eyes are the honest language, they can't lie because they are an exact expression of how you're feeling inside. Like a reflection in the mirror which can be seen by anybody and not just felt by yourself.

Interesting times are upon us... 

Topic starter Posted : 20/04/2023 1:11 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin
Posted by: @boomerang

The eyes are the honest language, they can't lie because they are an exact expression of how you're feeling inside. Like a reflection in the mirror which can be seen by anybody and not just felt by yourself.

I completely agree with this. 

There's a really good movie I'd like to recommend Anonymous  

Ex Machina (2014)

A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a highly advanced humanoid A.I.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2023 5:34 pm
Boomerang liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Great post btw! 

🏆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2023 5:36 pm
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @octo
Posted by: @boomerang

I completely agree with this. 

There's a really good movie I'd like to recommend Anonymous  

Ex Machina (2014)

A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a highly advanced humanoid A.I.

I will watch it tonight Octo, I don't watch movies much, but on your recommendation I will watch it, I hope it's nothing like Mary Poppins lol

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2023 7:14 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Oh I wouldn't think so lol, but I enjoyed the movie and I hope you do too.

I also was triggered by the "the eyes don't lie", because they don't. I remembered an artcle I read years ago on this interesting topic, so I'm doing some researching because it needs a thread of its own.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2023 7:33 pm
Boomerang liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

@octo 

I had to learn this one fast as a kid, there was never any other tell tale sign of what mood he was in. Knowing your in for it gave me time to prepare. Where as not knowing meant it all caught me by surprise. I'd rather know than not know whether tonight I was going to be conscious or unconscious .

Mirrors are a funny thing, I've looked into them all my past, I could read my face like a book, my emotions seemed to match up with the feelings, and it's not hard to read the faces, it's just we're kind of brainwashed to listen to the words, nobody tells us the difference between seeing and looking.  

That's probably because all focus is given on being told to hear and not showed how to listen, I've said it before, taught to walk and talk in a rush, then told to sit down and shut up for evermore. 

Sorry I've derailed and gone off on a rant 😂

A look in a flash can express more words than a book. I think it is a lost sense in humans and one that was common many moons ago. More so before language evolved, I believe there was more senses but they went the same way as the appendix, not gone, but dormant. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/04/2023 8:19 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Dormant absolutely. Great rants though! I love it! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/04/2023 9:00 pm
Boomerang liked

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: