kritterbox.com

Notifications
Clear all

Caregiving

NewHorizons
(@newhorizons)
Estimable Member

For the last 12 years ive been caring for my elderly parents. Caregiving can have its rewards. And sometimes it can be stressful, especially if you are the only one doing it. Sometimes i pray to have like an assistant to lessen the burden. This is the main reason why am not online alot , unlike in the past. Been getting more demanding with chores. Still iam hanging in there though. Exhausted  

Topic starter Posted : 21/12/2022 6:47 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Are you living with them or visit them? My parents are getting up there and they are my neighbors so I can help with short notice. They live in their own place and take care of themselves for the most part, but they do need help from time to time.

Thankfully I have two sisters also here in town so it makes it easier to share that care.

Kudos to you for caring for your parents. 🌹 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/12/2022 8:59 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @newhorizons

For the last 12 years ive been caring for my elderly parents. Caregiving can have its rewards. And sometimes it can be stressful, especially if you are the only one doing it. Sometimes i pray to have like an assistant to lessen the burden. This is the main reason why am not online alot , unlike in the past. Been getting more demanding with chores. Still iam hanging in there though. Exhausted  

What’s their health like?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/12/2022 9:55 am
NewHorizons
(@newhorizons)
Estimable Member

@white-ribbon 

Stable so far. They are in thier late 80's. I pray to god everyday they are given a few more years to live. I too am getting old. All of us dont have 100% health, so have to take precautions when if needs be.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/12/2022 9:21 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: