It's time for a TGI...

Notifications
Clear all

It's time for a TGIF thread

Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

My friends, it's been a tough year for me. 

Work has been my solace and I'm tired.

Here's to a great weekend 

Cheers

Topic starter Posted : 19/05/2023 7:47 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

That was a really Finnish boil down of a WoT of feels

LOL

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/05/2023 7:49 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Today

IMG 20230519 171445 275 01
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 19/05/2023 8:05 pm
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

When I was 15, I spent a few years with Groundworkers. 

These were people that dug footings for houses, laid drainage and literally moved mountains by hand on building sites.

At first I was week, couldn't dig holes and no strength to move a bag of cement, then one day when I was struggling to move a large piece of concrete from the ground, one of the Groundworkers came up to me and said, 'if it's tough, be tough with it'

Meaning to change my mentality. The first thing that happened was to use a lump of wood as a canter lever and hook it under this piece of concrete, that got it moving, the second thing that happened is the wood slipped and the concrete landed on my toes, the third thing that happened is a mass of strength and anger came over me and I literally launched this piece of concrete out of the hole. 

All these years later I still hear that voice, 'if it's tough, be tough with it' 

Lovely picture btw, dandelions can make a concrete wall look amazing, I've also seen them push there way up through solid concrete!

As for masonry Bee's, they literally eat through the stuff lol   

istockphoto 186762862 1024x1024

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2023 2:54 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I love your stories! I love dandelions too ❤️

That was excellent advice you got there

if it's tough, be tough with it

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/05/2023 5:52 pm
Boomerang liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

@octo 

I've never found a better option, apart from giving up and letting everything beat you. 

But though I have done that myself and walked away from difficult situations, whether that be a hard physical challenge or a hard mental challenge, the only one that loses in that situation is myself. I mean I'd know I quit, it didn't matter two hoots what anybody else thought, it was inside me that knew I'd given up, and that bothered me more than anything!

This is one reason I'm trying so hard to learn chit chat, though I am never rude, I just find it so hard to pay attention to chit chat things. 

And though I'd like to think I am getting better at it, people now cross the road when they see me coming lol.

I guess they've realised how hard I actually find it. 

Alice doesn't help matters either, not only did she run through the church a few weeks ago at a Sunday service, two days ago she did it again but this time it was a funeral. Luckily the vicar managed to grab her this time, but he didn't look to happy about it. 

I had put her on a lead as I got around to the side of the church this time, but pugs have a neck the size of there heads and she slipped through it! Again they had left the side door open.

Alice plays me like a fiddle, and I only took her on as a puppy because somebody didn't want her.

I'm starting to understand why. Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2023 8:52 pm
Octo liked
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Oh you need some Katy Perry on here, yo.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/05/2023 10:21 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

I'm good, thanks Chuckle  

It's been a busy week. I did actually go to a party with my coworkers last night, it was fun. 

I haven't been doing much partying for a long time

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 27/05/2023 3:18 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

I'm good, thanks Chuckle  

It's been a busy week. I did actually go to a party with my coworkers last night, it was fun. 

Sometimes we all need a party.. Elvis  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2023 9:25 am
Octo liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2023 1:46 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin
Posted by: @white-ribbon
Posted by: @octo

I'm good, thanks Chuckle  

Sometimes we all need a party.. Elvis  

Yeah, I didn't mention my sisters and I got together the evening before that party and had a little bbq and wine I\'m OK  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2023 9:44 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: