kritterbox.com

Off Grid and a sust...

Notifications
Clear all

Off Grid and a sustainable garden.

White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

Love this garden and woman. Built this basic, off grid tiny home and grew a brilliant garden.

Topic starter Posted : 28/05/2022 1:07 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

That's pretty much what I'd like to be doing, but that type of gardening isn't applicable to my environment. We do however have an abundance of berries and such that can be picked for free by anyone. The growing season is short here so you'll need crops that store well over winter, such as root vegetables.

Learning how to live off the grid with your specific set of conditions is an excellent idea in every regard.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/05/2022 4:51 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

That garden here would be full of snakes.. spiders.. possums. Birds. You would need 24/7 security guard to watch it.

damned

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2022 12:09 am
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

I am sold on the off grid, passive house though at the moment. Cooling and heating it naturally. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2022 12:10 am
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

I do like the romanticism of old houses though. Where I live is all Victorian. When I was in the mountains it was an old weatherboard from 1900. Super cute. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/05/2022 12:11 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

A log house would be the natural choice around here I would think. 2 people can build one. It's sturdy and insulating and can take the temperature extremes from -30C to +30C easy. You'd need to grow root veggies and gather mushrooms and berries and hunt. I could definitely live like that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/05/2022 2:53 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: