Notifications
Clear all

My Dad passed away tonight

Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

RIP Dad, I love you ❤️ 

He was 88 and had a number of health issues, heart failure, kidney failure, alzheimers so we're all very grateful his passing was calm and peaceful. He was in the hospital for a week for a uvi and things quickly got worse and sadly his body gave up.

Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2023 11:40 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Funny thing though that happened before he went to the hospital. Mom told me she woke up one night by my dad sitting on his bedside talking to someone... In English damned  

Thing is my dad doesn't speak any English other than a few random words. Mom recalls him saying "how are you doing?" and I immediately thought he was talking to JR. My dad wouldn't say "how are you doing", but JR would. He always asked my dad how he was doing.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/06/2023 11:59 pm
Boomerang liked
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member

🌺 @Octo

I feel you..

I lost my mum 2 weeks after my daughter was born, I was in one hospital watching life go out, and in another hospital watching one coming in.

And yet it was like I was watching souls jumping in and out of the subconsciousness.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/06/2023 12:41 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

It's full circle

Here's a pic from last summer of my dad with one of his great granddaughters. Yesterday on the day he died it was her first birthday...

🕯️❤️🌹

IMG 20230625 WA0008

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/06/2023 5:00 pm
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

More emotional for me than death itself turns out to be the funeral arrangements. I had to deal with that last summer about this time of year and this has brought all that back. I'm a mess... 😥 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/06/2023 3:23 pm
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @octo

Funny thing though that happened before he went to the hospital. Mom told me she woke up one night by my dad sitting on his bedside talking to someone... In English damned  

Thing is my dad doesn't speak any English other than a few random words. Mom recalls him saying "how are you doing?" and I immediately thought he was talking to JR. My dad wouldn't say "how are you doing", but JR would. He always asked my dad how he was doing.

So sorry he passed away. Big hugs. 

yes, must have been JR 100%, a good sign he had come to greet him and care for him on the other side. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2023 1:50 am
Octo liked
White Ribbon
(@white-ribbon)
Honorable Member

More emotional for me than death itself turns out to be the funeral arrangements. I had to deal with that last summer about this time of year and this has brought all that back. I'm a mess... 😥 

Can’t your siblings deal with it for you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2023 1:51 am
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Hi! We're dealing with it together, but of course everyone understands my need for space. It's brought family closer together though, we're all there for mom ❤️

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/07/2023 12:40 pm
Boomerang
(@boomerang)
Reputable Member
Octo
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2023 7:20 pm
White Ribbon and Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Thank you! I appreciate it! Hug  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/07/2023 10:14 pm
Boomerang liked
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member

Flowers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2023 9:06 pm
-NIGHTMARE-
(@nightmare)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @white-ribbon

So sorry he passed away. Big hugs. 

yes, must have been JR 100%, a good sign he had come to greet him and care for him on the other side. 

Agree..twas JR..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2023 9:08 pm
Boomerang liked
Bohica
 Bohica
(@Bohica)

Sorry to hear the heartache is piling up. I’m sure it’s a bewildering time for you.

You’re in my thoughts, you’re a positive person in my eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/07/2023 12:50 pm
Octo liked
Octo
 Octo
(@octo)
Member Admin

Thank you Bohica! ❤️ I'm pretty sure JR and Dad are bromancing in heaven right now.

I hope you and yours are doing ok Hug  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/07/2023 1:51 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: